PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty
- Duration :2 Days
- Equipment :Not included
- Requirements :You must be a PADI Open Water Diver or PADI Junior Open Water Diver and be at least 10 years old to participate in the Digital Underwater Photography Specialty. You will also need to complete a standard PADI Medical form which may require a doctor’s signature to say you are fit to dive if you have any pertinent medical history. If you've never suffered from any of the conditions listed, you can sign it yourself.
COURSE OVERVIEW :
You’ve seen that amazing wreck, the beautiful reef and all the weird and wonderful marine life that call these habitats home – now you want a lasting memory of it. The PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty gets you going quickly, whatever camera you use, allowing you to capture images of your underwater adventures anytime you’re in the water.
You don’t need lots of expensive camera equipment to become a great Underwater Photographer. The PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty teaches you want you need to know using the equipment you have. With so many cameras to choose from, it has become easier and more fun than ever to capture images of your underwater adventures.
What you’ll learn
The PADI Digital Underwater Photography specialty is a two-part introduction to digital underwater photography centred on today’s point-and-shoot digital cameras.
The course covers the PADI SEA (Shoot, Examine and Adjust) method of photography but it’s not all about how to take a picture, white balancing and using colour filters. Your PADI instructor will also guide you in equipment set up, maintenance, care, image resolution, using histograms, file formats and archiving your photos.
· Camera equipment requirements
· Preparation of an underwater digital camera system
· Basic underwater photography techniques
· White balancing & colour filters
· Environmental considerations whilst taking underwater photographs
· File formats & histograms
· Resolution settings
· Achieving the best contrast & colour
· Downloading & editing photographs
The Scuba Gear You Will Use
All the equipment you will need is provided for the PADI Digital Underwater Photography Specialty. You'll use all the basic scuba gear including a mask and snorkel, fins, a wetsuit, a buoyancy compensating jacket (BCD) that carries the scuba tank, a scuba regulator to breathe from and gauges to monitor depth and air supply.
You just need to bring along the camera equipment you use.
Continue The Adventure...
Now you have fine-tuned your underwater photography skills you’ll want to put them into practice. The PADI Wreck Diver or PADI Project AWARE Fish Identification Specialty are great places to start as you will find out more about what you capture on camera.