PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course
- Duration :3 days
- Equipment :Included
- Requirements :To enrol on the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course you need to be at least 12 years old, and have earned the PADI Open Water Diver/Junior Open Water Diver certification. Children 12 to 15 years of age will earn a PADI Junior Advanced Open Water Diver certification.
COURSE OVERVIEW :
The PADI Advanced Open Water Course is a natural progression once completing the PADI Open Water Course. This course takes place over two days and builds on the skills you learnt during your PADI Open Water Course. It provides adventure, fun and lets you try out different types of dives, making it one of the most exciting dive courses you can do. You don’t need to be an “advanced” diver to start the PADI Advanced Open Water course as it is designed so that you can go straight into it after your PADI Open Water course.
Once you’ve completed the PADI Advanced Open Water Course, you will be a qualified PADI Advanced Open Water diver. This means you can safely dive around the world up to 30 metres and you’ll have the qualification for life. This opens up a whole new world of dive sites that are out of the reach of PADI Open Water divers who are only qualified to dive to 18 metres.
What you’ll learn
The PADI Advanced Open Water certification requires you to complete 5 PADI Adventure Dives. There are 2 required dives, PADI Deep Adventure Dive and PADI Under Water Navigation Adventure Dive. These two core dives are fundamental to your advancement as a diver.
During the Deep Adventure Dive, you learn how to plan dives to a maximum depth of 30 meters (21 meters for Junior Advanced Open Water divers). You learn how to manage the physiological effects and challenges of deeper scuba diving under the direct supervision of your PADI instructor. The Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive refines and extends your range of navigational skills, from using a variety of compass patterns to natural navigation and kick-cycles/time skills.
Your other 3 Speciality Adventure dives can be chosen from the following:
- PADI Enriched Air Adventure Dive
- PDI Wreck Diver Adventure Dive
- PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Adventure Dive
- PADI Underwater Photographer Adventure Dive
- PADI Search and Recovery Adventure Dive
- PADI Underwater Naturalist Adventure Dive
- PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle Adventure Dive
- PADI Boat Diver Adventure Dive
- PADI Drift Diver Adventure Dive
- PAD Aware Fish Identification Adventure Dive
- PADI Underwater Naturalist Adventure Dive
- PADI Multi-level and Computer Adventure Dive
Speak to your instructor about where your interests lie and they can advise you on what the best options for you.
E-Learn before You Dive
The PADI Advance Open Water course has e-learning modules available. Discounts are available for anyone who has signed up to PADI e-Learning and has associated the course to us through the online portal.
For more information on eLearning Click Here
The Scuba Gear You Will Use
All the equipment you will need is provided for the PADI Advanced Open Water Diving course. You’ll use all the basic scuba gear including a mask and snorkel, fins, a wetsuit, a buoyancy compensating jacket (BCD) that carries the scuba tank, a scuba regulator to breathe from and gauges to monitor depth and air supply. Your PADI instructor will also provide you with a dive computer and compass which are necessary for the two compulsory modules.
You will also need to complete a standard PADI Medical form which may require a doctor’s signature to say you are fit to dive if you have any pertinent medical history. If you’ve never suffered from any of the conditions listed, you can sign it yourself.
Continue The Adventure…
Once you have completed the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course we know that you’ll be thirty for more! We recommend that you look at the range of PADI Specialty Diving courses available. PADI Specialties will take your abilities to the next level and focus on developing skills in specific areas such as deep diving, wreck diving or underwater photography. You may also want to consider the PADI Rescue Diver Course!
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver materials
- PADI certification fee
- PADI Dive Instructor
- Dive equipment
- 5 Open water training dives
- Transfer from and to your hotel to the marina for the dives
- Lunch when on the boat
- Hot and cold beverages when on the boat
- Marine Park fees where applicable